EVALUATION OF NON-LICENSED EMPLOYEES Policy Code: 7815
The board attaches a high priority to securing the most competent personnel available and, once they are employed, in assisting them in their growth and development throughout their careers. Evaluations of non-licensed employees’ performance must conform to the following board directives.
- Exemplary performance as well as deficiencies in performance should be clearly identified.
- Supervisors and principals should facilitate open communication with employees about performance expectations.
- An employee who is unclear about how performance is being assessed or desires additional evaluation opportunities should address these issues with his or her immediate supervisor.
- Evaluation data will be submitted to the central office personnel file in accordance with state law and policy 7820, Personnel Files.
- Evaluation data may be used in making employment decisions, including transfers, promotions and dismissal and demotion of employees (policy 7940).
- The superintendent and all evaluators are encouraged to develop ways to recognize exemplary employees and to capitalize on the abilities of exemplary employees in helping other employees.
The superintendent shall develop any other necessary procedures and shall provide training, as necessary, to carry out these board directives.
Legal References: G.S. 115C-47(18), -333.1
Adopted: December 5, 2011