STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES Policy Code: 7300
For students to succeed, all staff members must approach their responsibilities conscientiously, always remembering that the ultimate responsibility of the school district is to create the opportunity and environment where students can learn.
Also essential to the success of ongoing school operations and the instructional program are the following specific responsibilities that will be required of all personnel:
- be familiar with, abide by, support and, where appropriate, enforce board policies, administrative procedures, school rules and applicable laws;
- attend to the safety and welfare of students, including the need to ensure that students are supervised at all times;
- provide an example for students by demonstrating integrity, respect and commitment to the truth through attitudes, behavior and dress;
- attend work faithfully and promptly;
- be diligent in submitting required reports at the times specified;
- take care of and protect school property;
- address or appropriately direct any complaints concerning the schools, the school program or school operation; and
- support and encourage good school-community relations in all interactions with students, parents and members of the community.
Any employee charged by a law enforcement agency with a crime, other than a minor traffic offense, has a duty to immediately report that fact in writing to the Chief Personnel Officer of the school system.
Legal References: G.S. 115C-47, -307, -308
Adopted: May 19, 1997
Revised: July 9, 2007, Revised February 4, 2013