RESOURCE CONSERVATION Policy Code: 6530
The board is committed to making resource conservation an integral part of the school system’s operation and to providing an example to students and the community of responsible stewardship of natural resources.
The superintendent is responsible for establishing programs that will help the school system meet the following board goals:
- integrating the concept of resource conservation, including waste reduction and recycling, into the curriculum;
- reducing the consumption of consumable materials whenever possible;
- fully utilizing all materials prior to disposal;
- minimizing the use of nonbiodegradable products whenever possible;
- purchasing recycled products when financially viable; and
- encouraging suppliers, both private and public, to make recyclable products and unbleached paper products available for purchase by public schools.
Legal References: G.S. 115C-36
Adopted: September 14, 2009