OPERATIONAL GOALS OF THE BOARD Policy Code: 2000
The board recognizes the trust and accountability it owes citizens, staff, parents and students in the manner in which it transacts the business of the school district. The board strives to conduct itself in accordance with the following operational goals:
- acting in accordance with the code of ethics, as provided in policy 2120, Code of Ethics for Board Members;
- maintaining effective board/superintendent relations;
- operating cost effectively and efficiently;
- conducting business openly;
- meeting requirements and duties for the board as established in board policy or law; and
- making decisions with the board’s goals, objectives and other principles as the guiding focus.
The board shall evaluate annually its efforts to follow these operational goals. The board may use outside consultants to assist the board in its self-evaluation.
Legal References: G.S. 115C-36
Adopted: August 20, 2007